Background checks take many forms and we handle them all.
Common family applications include:
- Who is my daughter’s fiancé? – something doesn’t feel right and we’re worried he has a secret life or a dishonest history – I’m sure he’s hiding something from us.
- Who is my husband’s new live-in girlfriend? – I’ve heard she has a history of drugs and alcohol and I’m concerned about her being around our kids.
- Who is my ex-wife’s new boyfriend? – A friend told me he is violent and I’m very worried about him being around my children.
- Who is this man? – I met my fiancé a year ago and he loves me but it all feels very rushed. I am a wealthy, divorced woman and I just want to make sure…
- Who is my father’s new health care aide? – my father is extremely wealthy and I think his carer might be a con-man?
- Who is suing me and what is his background?
- What has my ex-son-in-law been doing since he divorced my daughter? – he has visitation rights to our grandchildren but he’s not paying support and I’ve heard he has a drug problem.
- I want to find my biological mother – and I want to know all about her past, her family, her health and whether I have siblings – see https://artusgroup.com/the-joy-and-pain-of-locating-biological-parents/
Other background checks include:
- Investment related due diligence
- Pre-employment background screening – see https://artusgroup.com/almost-everything-in-his-resume-was-a-lie-one-clients-story/
- Self-background checks (a more common request than you might think) – see https://artusgroup.com/self-background-checks-the-truth-will-set-you-free/
- Jury background checks